Yellow Wrap Dress

Welp, it’s been quite a while since I’ve posted anything new. Not to worry, I’ve been working all year on various projects—I’ve just been muy terrible at recording them.

Here is a wrap dress I finished a couple of months ago. This project is notable mostly because it was the first time I didn’t have to rip anything apart and start over. Yaaaayyyy progress!!

Pattern: McCall’s 9612, 1969



Oh hello, mixing prints in one garment. So on trend. I definitely totally did that on purpose.

Yellow Wrap Dress Front and Back

In reality, because I was using material that I’d picked up from a thrift store, I didn’t have quite enough to make the whole dress out of one print. I knew I didn’t want to compromise the length, so I improvised and used two different fabrics to create the bodice. It was actually fairly easy—I just added a seam straight across the front and back pattern pieces, above the bustline.

From the back, you can see how the two fabrics come together, as well as the dramatic width of the sash. It’s not as wonky in real life as it kind of looks in the photo.


Thanks to my lovely sis for photographing me and accurately capturing the awkward.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s