I’ve been working on this 60s shift dress on and off for the past few months.
McCall’s 9406 from 1968
Black and red boucle that I found on sale at Hancock Fabrics in Madison. This was a terrible idea. It unraveled instantaneously, was difficult to work with, and disintegrated into shreds all over my apartment. Because the boucle was so bulky, I decided to make the neck facings and finish the sleeves with a red cotton paisley.
In addition to the fabric struggles, there was one supremely terrifying moment when, just after deliberately and painstakingly installing the zipper, I pulled the zipper tab right off the top of the unfinished garment. A panic attack, a temper tantrum, and a few zipper-repair youtube videos later, I managed to re-thread the zipper from the bottom. I only had to snip a few stitches. HUGE sigh of relief.
Voila – finished product.
I really do like how it finally turned out!